For the 20th Hollywood issue for Vanity Fair Magazine, renowned American Artist Chuck Close, chilling in an ankara inspired hoodie and trousers, took make-up- free, raw portraits of 20 of your favourite Hollywood stars. The list had Oprah Winfrey, Brad Pitt, Scarlet Johansson, George Clooney, Kate Winslet, Sean Penn, Bruce Willis, Julia Roberts and more.
Chuck Close definitely had his mind made up for the shoot as he gave the stars his strict rules under which the session was to be carried out. They included:
1) Arrive alone or with one close friend or associate
2) Be available for three (3) hours
3) Be responsible for your own look – no professional styling or hair or makeup
4) Be content with coffee and deli sandwiches or salads – nothing fancy will be served
5) Get to the studio under your own steam.
Check out a selection of photos of Oprah, Scarlet and Brad from the shoot as well as behind-the-scenes images of all the other stars after the cut