Thursday 12 December 2013

Ellen DeGeneres Denies Marriage To Wife, Portia de Rossi Is On The Rocks

With reports flying that Ellen DeGeneres' marriage is on the rocks, the comedienne has used her talk show as a platform to set the record straight.

The star, who wed actress Portia de Rossi (pictured) in August 2008 after four years together, has silenced rumours of trouble in paradise during her opening monologue on Wednesday's show.
Revealing that she was confronted by a shocking 'Ellen And Portia Marriage Crumbles' headline as she sat flicking through magazines during a recent trip to the hairdressers, the talk show host said she decided to nip the story in the bud as there is absolutely no truth to the allegations.
'You know, I don't usually pay attention to tabloids and gossip magazines. Unless I'm standing in a long line at the grocery store. Then I devour them like pudding. No, I'm kidding. I don't go to the grocery store,' she joked.'I thought, "Oh that's so sweet, they're honoring us." But then I read the headline underneath. I was like, "Oh, what happened? They seemed so happy." And then I was like, "Wait, I'm Ellen." And I should know if that was happening.'I debated whether I would open it or not. So then I get the magazine and I'm flipping through it and there's one page torn out - the only page torn out was my story. I will never know what it tearing my marriage apart. I don't know what's happening.'
Ellen's denial was given a healthy injection of her signature sense of humour, though it was obvious to all that she was hurt by the situation.
But the 55-year-old comic did get slightly more serious about the matter as she stated honestly that the rumours are 'so ridiculous to me'. 'There's not one ounce of truth to any of it. I'm very happily married,' she told her audience. 'In fact, the only thing we ever argue about is who loves who more. That is all. It really is true.
Ellen implored her fans to trust her word and stated that she would be the first to admit if something was awry in her relationship or otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment