Thursday 12 December 2013

''If I had kids, they would hate me'': Oprah Winfrey has no regrets about not starting a family,

Oprah is one of the richest woman in the world, with a net worth totallying $2.9 billion. Her empire includes the TV network OWN, two Oprah magazines (O and The Oprah Magazine) and the production company Harpo, just to name a few.

She has famously never married or had children, although has been in a relationship with businessman Stedman Graham since 1986.

But Oprah Winfrey has no regrets, saying it would have been difficult making time for a family amid her busy career.
'If I had kids, my kids would hate me,' she tells The Hollywood Reporter in its new issue. 'They would have ended up on the equivalent of the Oprah show talking about me; because something in my life would have had to suffer and it would've probably been them.'
Oprah, who grew up in poverty in rural Mississipi, says her attitude about children is in stark contrast to her best friend Gayle King who is a mother of two.
'Gayle [now a mother of two] was the kind of kid who, in seventh grade Home Ec class, was writing down her name and the names of her children,' she says. 'While she was having those kind of daydreams, I was having daydreams about how I could be Martin Luther King.'

No comments:

Post a Comment