It looks like the only reason why engagements are celebrated in the media these days is when engagement rings have double figure carats and worth six digit figures. I just hope these celebs have not started what will be the next phase of marriage proposals?? To the single men, react to this trend now or forever remain silent. You dont need a prophet to tell you what girls will begin to tell you in a couple of years if you allow this trend to continue..lol
Back to the story....
As Kim K was proposed to yesterday with a $1.6M 15-carat diamond ring by who she tagged her 'best friend'-Mr Kanye West, Femail decided to dig into the world of extravagant engagement rings and rank the 15 most dazzling engagement rings to rock high society and Hollywood. Check out celebs who made the A list.....in pictures
1. Elizabeth Taylor was given a jaw dropping $305,000, 33 carat Krupp diamond by Richard Burton in 1968
2. Paris Hilton got a $4.7M 24 carat emerald-cut ring from boyfriend Paris Latsis
3. Kim Kardashian was overwhelmed when former fiancee Kris Humphries proposed with a 20.5 carat emerald-cut diamond by Lorraine Schwartz. They split up after just 72 days of marriage
4.Beyonce. Jigga man Jay Z presented this flawless queen with an 18-carat flawless diamond by Lorraine Schwartz worth over $5M
5. Jessica Biel knocked us out when she was presented with a vintage-style, square-cut diamond engagement ring with an 18-carat stone created by Mr Timberlake in collaboration with Leor Yerushalmi of The Jewelers of Las Vegas. The ring also features two aquamarine elements representing Ms Biel's birthstone.Mr Timberlake proposed in December 2011
6. Mariah Carey: Nick Canon proposed to Mariah Carey with a 17-carat $2.5million ring boasting an emerald-cut light pink diamond, surrounded by 58 intense pink diamonds and two half-moon diamonds. The creation was designed by Jacob & Co's Jacob Arabo
7. Angelina Jolie: Brad Pitt gave this sexiest woman alive a 16-carat custom-designed ring created with Robert Procop. It is believed to be worth around $250,000.
8 Hilary Duff: Mike Comrie, made Hillary cry when he proposed with a 14-carat sparkler boasting a princess-cut stone and is believed to have cost around $1million.
9. Khloe Kardashian Odom: Lamar Odom proposed to Khloe with a 12.5-carat radiant-cut ring by Vartan's Fine Jewelry. It is worth around $850,000.
10.Melanie: A million-dollar stone: Donald Trump chose a dazzling diamond from Graff in 2004 for his third wife Melania worth about $2M
11.Kate Middleton: Prince William gave Kate Middleton an oval 12-carat Ceylon sapphire surrounded by a cluster of 14 solitaire diamonds. It costs £28,500 in 1981, but its legacy as the engagement ring worn by both Princess Diana and the Duchess of Cambridge makes it priceless.
12.Blake Lively: Ryan Reynolds dazzles Blake Lively an oval-cut light pink diamond of approximately 12 carats, set in rose gold with pave diamonds. Reynolds designed it with Lorraine Schwartz who said that it would retail for around $2million.
13.Princess Grace of Monaco: Prince Rainier III of Monaco in 1955 proposed to Princess Grace Kelly in what was termed ROYAL ROMANCE with a 10.5-carat emerald-cut ring with a baguette either side from Cartier
14.Kate Hudson: Matt Bellamy showed his love to his heartthrob Kate, when he proposed with an emerald-cut ring with tapered baguettes, approximately 9 carats and would be valued at around $200,000.
15. Jennifer Aniston: Jennifer Aniston's emerald-cut diamond from Justin Theroux is believed to be around 8 carats. He proposed on his birthday last year, and a source said the actress was 'blown away' by the ring