Thursday 24 October 2013

'My father was a hustler, A drug dealer': Sean 'Diddy' Combs opens up for the first time on camera

Sean 'Diddy' Combs opened up for the first time on Wednesday about his father(pictured right with Diddy as a kid) who was killed when he was just an infant.

A known associate of convicted drug dealer Frank Lucas, Melvin Combs was shot dead while sitting in his car in New York City at the age of 33 - something the hip-hop mogul made the decision not to publicly talk about until now.
'My father was killed when I was 3 yrs old. we never got to share the moments that made me a man today..but he lives in my spirit..now I'm ready to tell the story YOUTUBE.COM/REVOLTTV #MelvinsSon,' Diddy posted on Twitter, with a link to his new music television project, Revolt TV.
 In the intimate video titled 'Confessions', the 43-year-old sits down in his New York City apartment at 5.47am to talk about the father he barely knew yet still managed to shape him.
'Being that my father was killed when I was three years old, I don't have a lot of memories of my father,' he begins.

'They say you can't miss something you never had, but that's only a little ways right. There's definitely been times as I've gotten older that I've missed my father - his presence - not being here... There's things that you would ask your father. There's also things that you would celebrate with him that would make him proud.'

Referring to Melvin as a 'hustler', the successful entrepreneur and businessman cites his father's shortcomings as the inspiration to really make something of his own life.

Watch video interview after the jump
                             

No comments:

Post a Comment