Thursday 20 June 2013

Abuja records First Female Taxi Driver


In a country where taxi driving is reserved for the male folk Aisha Umar broke the jinx to become the first female to ever take up the job of a taxi Driver.

But this humble mother of two did not start out as a taxi driver. In an interview with This Day, she said “I did not really plan to go into a taxi business, it just happened. Before I became a taxi driver, I was into trading of clothes but I had no shop, so I go around hawking and as you may know, such business is quite volatile. In most cases people owe you so much money that you may not be able to recover them in the end.”

Hmmn! personally i like to meet people of such good courage. Aisha truely is a sign unto womanhood. #HAIL#

culled from ThisDay

2 comments:

  1. Very impressive. Good for you, Ms Aisha Umar. Next step for the Nigerian woman - Aso Rock! Keep moving forward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its a good start...I heard about it but wasnt sure,this confirms it now. im really impressed. i hope our yoruba and igbo girls can emulate this, Rather than keep looking for how to extort money from men.Kudos Aisha.

    ReplyDelete