Sunday 23 June 2013

DOES YOUR MIND WAR AGAINST YOU PT1

Does your mind war against you? Do you sometimes get really confused with the affairs of life? Or may be you are just simply lost and want to give up because everything seems too complicated to understand. Well! thank God you dropped by this page. Spare me a minute or two and read through this short piece,i guarantee you clarity in every area that looks confusing. 
                                                                                                                         


Many years ago, growing up as a child, i believed so much in God and held fast unto my beliefs in Jesus. I was barely 15 years old when the Lord Jesus visited me in a dream that lasted all night. He showed me lots of things i may not be able to render in details in this part(Watch out for the 2nd series) but as He directs me in this part, ill share with you some of those things. I grew up stealing my way into church every Sunday with my mum and siblings because i was born into the other faith. I gave my life to Jesus at a pretty young age and went about professing His love to everyone who dared to listen. I brought so many people to Christ and i was happy. I tell you beloved, that's the best thing that ever can happen to any one. The joy of doing this is indescribable. The results i got from engaging in sharing the word of God was absolute peace of mind and clear thoughts with no confusion. I had answers to all of life's problems even at that young age of 15. Favour and love accompanied me everywhere i went. I was a blessed kid.I could feel it. It was evident and so very clear. As i was basking in the euphoria of this great love, i met a group of young boys about my age and became friends with them. This was the  beginning of my confusion.Instead of turning them to Jesus, i was gradually being exposed to lots of terrible things. No!.... we didn't kill, it wasn't no cult,or armed robbery gang, neither did we shed blood. Like the devil deceives people today, it was "just the ordinary youthful way of life" These boys seemed to me a harmless group who only wanted to have fun before they grow old. Gradually i backslided and stopped going to church frequently, although i still feared God, i knew my conscience was being severed from my God. At this point i was helpless because i had gone into smoking, drinking and adultery. So many times i would fall on my face and call upon Jesus for help but there was no answer. My sins had separated me from the love of my father. I continued in this way of life and every thing just simply became really confusing. Everytime i planned to do something, that would make me become that which God ordained me to be, this strange second thought just comes at me so mildly i couldn't tell if it was God's or the devil's. It would quote scriptures and made them look very real in its application to what ever i planned to do, most times stopping me from doing them. Beloved, this was how i lived for a long time. 

Deception: Although i knew i had to return to God who was ready to receive me back with open arms and forgive me like the prodigal son, i just found myself getting deeper and deeper in sin. What i did were every day things people do and my mind perceived them as natural and okay. I kept telling myself it was alright afterall i did not kill or shed human blood. 
That's where i was wrong. I had moved so far away from Jesus that i could barely hear His voice again.But how would i have known, since all was still well with me. I wrote exams and passed in one sitting, i got jobs at the snap of a finger, i got so much of love from friends and family, i was respected each time i opened my mouth to speak. All was just beautiful.Little did i know the devil was lurking in the corner waiting to take his pound of flesh. And YES he did. I lost everything in one day. I forgot to mention, i got married and started to bear seeds. I lost one of my children when the devil started his campaign on me, got my marriage messed up, lost my job, got arrested by the police, got abandoned by friends, family mocked me saying where is my Jesus now. It was all over...or so i thought until the LION OF THE TRIBE OF JUDAH showed up. Jehovah Saboath is His name. He came and patted me on the back saying arise my son, all will be well again. I am presently under gradual reconstruction just like Job in the bible and i will get there. The good news beloved is, i can hear His voice again like the sound of many waters. I am calmer now and i feel the kind of peace i felt from the beginning. 
Is your story similar or almost similar to mine? Do you also want to be reconstructed? Don't give up because God is not in the business of loosing any of His children. I will be sharing with you what God helped me do and how He helped me achieve this peaceful state again in the next series. I could continue, but this may be too long for you to digest all in one piece of writing. Remember i said it will be short. Thanks for sharing your time with me. Please i humbly ask, let me know if you are blessed by dropping a comment. I would regularly check back here to see your comments. If i get one or two,i will be more than pleased for i know this is meant for just one person.In the mean time, ponder upon this story as it relates to yours and be blessed.Do check back for the continuation of this series. God richly bless you. Amen

1 comment:

  1. This story reminds me of my best friend. He felt he missed it along the way but he is facing life with so much determination and peace of mind now. Please keep sharing. Like you said its really confusion that messes things up.

    ReplyDelete