Wednesday 26 June 2013

MISS HEPHZIBAH-AN ORATOR IS BORN
























After listening to her addressing a mammoth crowd on the 20th of May in Abuja, one member of the audience sent me an email saying” Rivera, if this great lady is not on your next publication for her art you may have lost a loyal follower,is your job not to Bring them to the fore”? Big threat!…so we set out in search of Hephzibah.
Loyals, I tell you confidently this is another Barrack Obama in the making.

First she looked Young, flawless and charming. Miss Olawunmi Rahma Olaniyan or better still Hephzibah(Pictured) embodies the fresh optimism to hand down the art of oratory to the unborn generation.
Cicero,46 BC once said "He in fact is eloquent who can discuss commonplace matters simply, lofty subjects impressively, and topics raging between in a tempered style."

After 30 mins with Miss Rahma, Cicero's words came true. I felt that a new era and a “new frontier” are being ushered in. I dare to say this lady has the power, by means of oratory, to get a hold on assemblies of men, win their good will, direct their inclinations wherever she wishes, or divert them from whatever she wishes. Lets not be too formal, the United states president Obama can get you to do just about anything at the opening of his mouth.

Well, I had 30 mins with Hephzibah and discovered where one of her interest lies…(taking pictures) Trust me I headed straight for the camera. See photos after the interview.

Rivera: How did you realise this dream, from when and how have you been able to develop yourself in a country where almost nothing is encouraged?

Rahma: Laughs!...Rivera, which do you want me to answer first? Well, “anyone” I said…..

Rahma: Okay, uhm I started out first of all a couple of years back as National Youth president to former Governor Bukola Saraki during his campaign. I have always had the passion in me to speak constructively, you know more like the art of making deep noises from the chest sound like important messages from the brain. Laughs. I have always believed that I can get anything I want by just speaking. Don’t mistake that for being a parrot, (sips a glass of freshly made juice) like I said I talk constructively and every word of mine is wisely spent and strategically delivered to achieve a purpose. Growing up as a child, I took to studying the great orators of old. I immersed myself in their texts, listening for the turns of phrases and textual symmetries, the pauses and crescendos, the metaphors and melodies that have enabled the greatest speeches to stand the test of time. Their philosophies inspired me and sparked my inner gifts and here I am today. But hey! Im still in the making o! (She Grinned broadly).

Rivera: Interesting i must say...Do you engage in any extra curricular activities?

Rahma: Oh! why not... i love to play golf during my spare time. I'm also a fashionista if you will, i love to experiment with colours as you can see all around my living room. Infact i'm coming up with my own designer outfit called Zion stitches...*smiles* watch out for it. I really do get inspired by colours.

Phew! One wonders if oratory can be learnt or only a selected few are bestowed with this rare gift.
See more photos of Miss Olawunmi




9 comments:

  1. Wow! Wunmi more grease to ur elbow. I knew ull make it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go sis! The sky is ur limit..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo! Wunmi I am proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go on sis, U̶̲̥̅̊ ǎ̜̣̍®ε̲̣̣̣ the BOMB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice1 Wunmi,More Grace..God speed..!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's my girl...welldone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice one, the sky is too close to be your limit

    ReplyDelete
  8. 9ce 1,d Lord is ur strength

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting...Excellent stuff

    ReplyDelete